Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Doughnut Don't

My best little staffer (okay, only staffer), Randy Andy, and I are feeling Krispy Kreme regret.

It all started when Un-princess Jasmine, who works in the office next door, google talked us with the news of the arrival of two boxes of Krispy Kremes. Now, it was not until recently that I had even tasted a Krispy Kreme doughnut. They are not as big in Australia as the US and elsewhere. We have Donut King and Mr. Whippy in most parts, but Krispy Kremes are a little more rare.

Anyway, so Randy Andy and I were out the door in a wink and salivating all over Un-princess Jasmine's desk and the doughnuts. The subsequent five or ten mins were spent speculating over which ones to have... "Ooh, what do you think is inside that one?"
"Should I just have a glazed one? Maybe I should just have a glazed one?" And the like.
In the end, I chose a chocolate covered, custard-filled one.

It wasn't until I had consumed the whole dirty thing that I remembered, there is something in Krispy Kreme doughnuts that makes me feel a bit zippy. Maybe it's just that I haven't had years of tolerance-building to the sugar, or maybe they are laced with speed, I'm not sure. Either way, they give me a definite buzz, and then a definite ache in the tum.

I wondered if this video would explain anything:



Hmm... The glaze waterfall might have something to do with the buzz?

After the excitement of the Krispy Kremes, Randy Andy and I were loathed to return to our own work stations. We discussed that it felt like when you're at school and something happens outside the classroom window, like a tree falls. Everyone is curious, even the teacher, so you all race outside to watch. Then it becomes evident that no more trees are going to fall and all the activity is over. You're already all riled up, but it's all over. Things in the classroom just aren't the same after that for the rest of the day.

At least you get to recount the story at three o'clock when the bell rings and your mum arrives to take you home.

But nobody is picking me up! I have to drive home myself, and by that time the reality of the Krispy Kreme doughnut fiasco will only make me feel compelled to hit the gym. Deep Krispy Kreme regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment